Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dear Olivia: Breastfeeding

Dear Olivia,

Well, let me just tell you what little girl, you are the most determined and sometimes stubborn little thing I've ever met! Can't imagine where on Earth you got that from ;) ha ha! With parents like you have, you didn't stand a chance on three things: stubbornness, kindheartedness and most importantly of all: bootyliciousness. Now, I know that last one may not be an actual word, but baby girl you have a booty that is all sorts of ghetto fabulous!
Anyway, back to the title of this letter, breastfeeding. You and I have had our issues on this one. You didn't like breastfeeding at all for the first month of your life. You would scream and cry and then I would cry because I made you cry and you were just hungry and wanted things your way fast and easy. Then I would give up and pump to give you a bottle...basically a vicious circle. It makes travelling awful. But, lo and behold today you finally latched and performed beautifully! I am so proud! You are amazing and full of surprises. One thing I'm sure of, you can do anything you want as long as you get to take your time with it. Here are some pictures of this last week or so:
You are the daintiest sleeper! I love how you hold your hands. 

Today was rough. No shower for mom, you didn't take a nap all day but it was all worth it when you fell asleep on me and gave me a hug. I love you!
This was on your 1 month birthday and you were sitting on Aunt Jaisha! Your cousin Brittney gave you this outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment