Thursday, June 13, 2013

Weekly Menus and Shopping Lists

John and I love to eat out at restaurants. We love the atmosphere, the friendly service, discovering new favorites and just the idea of having a fun night on the town. However, going out frequently and then trying to save money? You can't get two more opposite hobbies. That's when I found an article, which unfortunately I can't find again. But all the recipes I loved I saved on Pinterest.

If you go to my Pinterest account you will see the board that I named "Food Truck Recipes". If you aren't following me, do so and I'll approve you right away so you can see my brilliant pinning life.
Anyway, these are cheap, easy and for the most part, not terrible on the calories. There are ways to dial back the fat if you want but I like them just how they are!



Here is what our Menu and Shopping list look like. The Menu is taped to the back so I know exactly what I'm having and have all the ingredients right there. I wrote the price and where I got each ingredient as well which will make shopping in the future easier. Hopefully. Is there anything you do to help make the weekly chore of shopping easier?


Wednesday night was Chicken Po Boy for dinner and lunch for today. I figure it's a lot easier to make a lunch with stuff you already have out than try and have inspiration during the morning rush. Therefore, save money, time and give you a couple extra minutes before you run to work. Here is my creation. Didn't have the bun, but I had everything else, so whole wheat bread it is!



Next Up: Getting rid of the clutter in our closets.

No comments:

Post a Comment