Sunday, September 23, 2012

How to make puff roses for walls

Ok, so first off, I don't know what these are actually called but I call them "puff roses".  As you all know, I work for Utah State University Catering and this weekend was the Bridal Faire! I was so excited to be a part of it and lucky for me, I got to create flat-against-the-wall puff roses. This is a tutorial.
Our beautiful booth was modeled after the "French Countryside and Shabby Chic" trends. Here's how you start. 
You take 12 sheets of crinkly tissue paper and fan fold them. Once fan folded, fold in half and secure with a wire twistie (shown here) or a rubber band.
 Then, you take one sheet at a time and pull towards the middle. This can get tricky because the paper rips so easily, but don't' give up, just be gentle.
 As you pull, don't' forget to fluff and puff. The paper is great for puffing up and looking like a flower. Plus it's so fun! Keep going until you have three sheets left.
 Once you are down to 3 sheets, the puff roses will look like this! If you want to have a full puff ball, pull 6 sheets towards the middle and then flip and pull 6 the other way. That will give you a ball, but this is WAY better for putting on walls.  
This was what our booth looked like and it was a huge success. I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment